Sunday, September 18

Macau: Söndag 2

After a very cozy cup of coffee and a rain down-pour this morning, I went out with the woman I am staying with, her boyfriend, his son, and his wife-to-be. We went out to lunch at the same beautiful mall as yesterday and walked around a bit where I fell in love with a Juicy Couture and Versace dresses. Maybe a Marc purse too :).
The mall is connected to a very luxurious Four Seasons hotel where we went to look at their largest banquet hall where their son and fiancée would be getting married. Very gorgeous room with high ceilings, large chandeliers and polished wood walls. Apparently the hall was too small for the 500 guests they wished to invite.... The wedding takes place next september so I can maybe return to attend (as invited). :)
It was nice not to have to work today and experience a bit of Macau life. I have noticed Chinese like to chew with their mouths open. Big problem of mine and really quite unpleasant to watch. Today I got offered chicken's feet but couldn't bring myself to try it. Instead I ended up eating a medicinal jelly actually made from herbs and ground turtle shell...how sad.
For now I must go try to decipher what one of the Philippino housemaid is trying to tell me. For some reason she thinks I understand her language. My clueless face and inability to speak in return isn't a hint enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment