Saturday, February 4

Back in Macau

So after a month and a half lengthy Christmas/New Years vacation, I am finally back in China to work again. I didn't write much over the break as my days generally consisted of being lazy or snowboarding.
I have to say my trip here was quite eventful tho... we arrived at the airport with a rush, barely making it to the check-in counter an hour before my flight. I was told the cut-off time for baggage check-in was an hour before, so I asked her to rush it. When she checked me onto the flight she discovered I wasn't carrying a visa that permitted me to stay in China the length of 4 months (my return ticket is set for june 3rd), so I wasn't allowed on the plane... Despite that horrible misfortune, my mum and I made it to the Visa House before close and handed in an application with a visa to be readied by the next morning.
We spent our afternoon at RL (Ralph Lauren's restaurant in downtown Chicago) where we ate a variety of wonderful dishes. Afterwards we enjoyed Happy Hour at the Embassy Suites hotel and got a good night's sleep before the 15 hour flight that we took the next day (successfully) and arrived here!

Club sandwich and crab cake eggs benedict :)
Delicious crème brûlée with fruit!


No comments:

Post a Comment